Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mortality.

Assalamualaikum.

I have safely landed in Brunei tuesday of this week, alhamdulillah. Enjoying Ramadhan mubarak, amazing food, and the company of family and soon, friends.

While I was on the plane on the way back to Brunei, as always, there was again, a turbulence. Usually I was afraid. But this time, i was extra afraid. I kept thinking about the recent helicopter crash in Labi. How a number of soldiers passed away in the holy month of Ramadhan. I kept thinking, will this plane crash too? Will i die too? And if I die, am I ready?

The words death kept popping into the head. The plane shook. Up, down, it went.

But alhamdulillah, everything was okay and after all that happened, alhamdulillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah, it all stopped.

Actually, this post was an inspiration of several post i read earlier. They were actually just some random articles, plus obligatory posts that i usually read, summed up together.

Somehow, today, they were mostly about death.

I went to visit my grandparents' kubur today. I kept thinking, "Mudah2an yaasin yang kami baca ani menulung drg di kubur amin" And then another thought entered my mind. So we read yassin to them, but if we also pass away, who's going to read it to them? So who is going to help them reduce their sufferings or light their grave? And then i thought lucky are those who give charity/sedekah and then people still use the things that they sedekah. Like building a mosque or something. Mcm light will be in their graves. And yet sometimes we hesitate to give charity. While that will actually help us in our grave. Why the hesitation, i really do ask myself sometimes. :(

I was reading this post by proudduck, and how her grandma has just passed away recently. Reading all her emotions typed up in that post teared me up. Then followed up by reading Brunei times article dedicated to the helicopter crash victims. About our mortality. About how death will come for us. The question is, kitani ready kah. Sigh.

May Allah bless all muslim souls, amin. And may we all die di dalam iman, amin ya rabb. And semoga tangan ini akan lebih mudah memberi sedekah. Amin. And semoga Allah menguatkan iman kita yang masih lemah ini. Amin.


Piping.

No comments: